Paris, Closed in August
Two years ago I started collecting pictures of my favorite “closed in August” signs (see here + here – some creative typography!). My French friends continue to be miffed when I tell them I’m not going away for 2+ weeks. Part of the reason to go away is because so much is closed in the city. Still, I love it. You just need a little creativity and resourcefulness sometimes. Below is a compilation of opened/closed links for Paris this month so they’re all in one place. I’ll keep updating it as I discover new links. Be sure to add any in the comments!
- Summer restaurant closures / Paris by Mouth
- Where to dine this summer / Savoir Faire
- Specialty coffee closures (amusing!) / Emperor Norton
- Open Boulangeries / Paris.fr
- Bars, clubs and parties / Ten Days in Paris
- Paris Terraces (not guaranteed open) / Time Out Paris
- Summer Festivals / Time Out Paris
- Que Faire à Paris (what’s happening in the city! en français)
- Paris Plage activities / Paris.fr
I guess half of my advice for tours I give this month will be “go wherever is open!” And yes, please send along my link if you know anyone traveling to Paris – I’d love to show them around. You can book through Vayable directly.
P.S. If you don’t speak French, use Chrome [top tool bar] or Google translate.
Photo: @pretavoyager on Instagram