A is for…
Baltimore goes New York as “Alphabet” is set to open at the Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum October 11th (-27th). “Alphabet” was an exhibition of hand drawn lettering & experimental typography originally created as an installation for Baltimore’s 2006 Artscape and curated in association with Post Typography [which, btw, is an amazing talent of two young Baltimore designers with a client list that already includes the New York Times and Esquire magazine – check out their work online, they’re one to watch!].
For more great design events, stay posted to the PRINT calendar. Also check out the to the new – and improved – Design*Sponge (Congrats, Grace! on the relaunch as designspongeonline.com) complete with a new events calendar.
As for Baltimore events, here are some more in addition to the Sept 17th post:
- Michael Strassburger of Modern Dog Design Co, a Seattle based graphic design firm: 6 pm reception, 7pm talk tonight at Villa Julie
- “All Faiths Beautiful” opens at the American Visionary Art Museum: Oct 5th
- Everyone needs a little cheering on at the Baltimore Marathon: Oct 13
- Charm City Roller Girls Championship: Oct 14 at Puttyhill Skateland
- Baltimore Bioneers Conference: Oct 19-21 at MICA
- Open Studio Tours opens doors of art studios all over the city: Oct 20-21
- The Great Halloween Lantern Parade in Patterson Park: Oct 27