The New York [check] List
2008 is my “Year of the List” so I figured it was high time to check some things off the growing to-do list.
- New Museum (see yesterday)
- Kelly & Ping for noodles with Grace (yay! finally!) in Soho
- Chelsea Market (the former National Biscuit Company with a fabulous interior of industrial meets decay)
- The “best espresso in town” (according to Quinzio, or in my case, hot chocolate)
- Paula Scher map paintings at Maya Stendhal Gallery (GREAT show, extended two weeks)
- Small, but stylish Sartorialist exhibition at Danzinger Projects
- Amazing journals and prints of Dan Eldon:the Journey is the Destination (my hero!) at the Candela/Decker Gallery
- The make-shift memorial for Heath Ledger outside of his apartment (just happened upon this)
- Dinner with more friends in Park Slope at Song (super delicious and super cheap Thai)
- Drinks at the library-esque bar Union Hall (complete with their own bocce courts!)
- Hoboken (fabulous view of the city!)
- Ingo Mauer (cool show, now closed) at the mansion turned Cooper-Hewitt museum
- Playtime in Bedford Hills with my 3 first cousins once removed (so cute!)
Tip for the trip: Chinatown bus is only $35 roundtrip from Baltimore, Philly or DC- a complete steal (and only 3 hours – depending on traffic – from Bmore).
Next visit: Fuerzabruta and the Typographic Tour (when it’s warmer), and maybe check out a thing or two on this Project Runway “guide” from Budget Travel. Yes, just when you think you’ve done it all, there’s always more.