The Diving Bell and the Butterfly accompanied by a crepe made for the perfect lazy Sunday activity. An intensely beautiful film – like watching a work of art in motion – I highly recommend it. Based on the book with the same name (a true story), it will make you appreciate everything you have in life.
Here are some other French favorites:
- Amélie (all time fav!)
- Ma Vie en Rose (a little boy who thinks he was supposed to be a girl, not to be confused with La Vie en Rose, which I still need to see)
- 8 Femmes (murder mystery musical)
- L’Auberge Espagnole (European melting pot study abroad experience) & Les Poupees Russe [Russian Dolls] (the we’re getting older and our friends are getting married sequel)
- Happenstance (life is all about timing)
- Delicatessen (the darker side of the director of Amelie)